The changelog since release 105-861 until minor release 105-902, which happened in April 2022.
- Default trees are now provided by basecontent. Chopped engine trees (removed engine tree generators and renderers). Trees have models/textures donated by 0 A.D. so these have outlived their utility.
Spring.MakeGLDBQuery(bool forced) → bool ok to create a query to the OpenGL drivers database. There’s generally only one query at a time allowed, forcing rewrites it.
Spring.GetGLDBQuery(bool blocking) to receive the results of the query made with the call above. Blocking means it will wait for the answer so probably only use it in the lobby and not the game. Possible returns:
nilif there was no query or the query failed completely
falseif it’s not ready yet and call isn’t blocking
true, falseif it finished and drivers don’t have issues
true, true, number glMajor, number glMinor, string URL, string driver.
- engine can load HDR textures (
.hdrformat/extension) with automatic upcasting to FLOAT internal storage format (takes 4x more memory). No user side changes are needed
- LegacyAtlas now produces mipmaps. Previously it never did.
- s3o textures reload fix for Assimp models
- fix unitdef.useFootPrintCollisionVolume. Now the
useFootPrintCollisionVolumetag takes precedence over the default sphere that appears when
- added modrules to set default flanking min/max damages, though this was already possible (and is better done) via unitdefs_post.
- add boolean springsetting
RotOverheadClampMap, default true, disabling it allows the rotatable overhead camera to move outside of map boundaries.
- selection keys: add new filter
Guarding(first command in the queue is guard) and new count
SelectClosestToCursor(always a single unit, doesn’t work with
SelectNum_Xand doesn’t pick the second-closest if appending, etc).
- area-reclaim: always ignore wrecks being rezzed (now the CTRL modifier is only for features with
autoreclaimable = falsein their def; use single-target reclaim for things being rezzed)
Spring.TraceScreenRay()failing to hit terrain
Written by: sprunk